Get Upside Down- Journey towards headstands
Whether you are a seasoned practitioner who wants to refine and elevate your headstand (sirsasana) practice, or someone new to yoga who wants to learn how to safely practice headstand in a sustainable way, this 75 minute workshop is for you.
Mastering the headstand requires no great strength! It is largely a matter of conquering fear and understanding the mechanics behind the pose. Headstand is known as the king of all asanas and with good reason. This is a foundational inversion that once understood will help unlock confidence in getting upside down and give you a myriad of health benefits .
This 75 minute workshop includes:
- Work with key muscles we need to ‘switch on’ for headstand
- Work with key alignment points which ensure we get the benefits from the pose and prevent injury
- Drills and techniques for building deep strength, stability and balance
- Breakdown of the pose -safe practice
- Intentional strengthening and lengthening Vinyasa Flow to prepare the body for the headstand
Whether you are a complete beginner to inversions or looking to advance your headstand practice, this workshop will be tailored to your practice!
Expect:Gaining confidence in your headstands Learning new skills Understand the technique behind headstands Have fun on the mat!
Saturday 20th May 2023