Where we began…
Watchfinder is a leading pre-owned watch retailer and welcomes over 14.5 million visitors every year both online and in store. With over 15 years’ experience and expertise, Watchfinder continues to innovate and redefine the market for pre-owned watches. We tirelessly develop new and exciting ways for customers to buy, sell and interact with pre-owned watches from over sixty brands. Our French site is live and Watchfinder are setting their sights high to break into International markets! This is the time to join a company that is changing the way the industry works by offering a luxury service, sharing our knowledge, working independently to offer tailored advice and giving an unprecedented selection of choice to all customers.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Leeds store! You will be working with like-minded, passionate retail professionals in delivering world class customer service. Together you will work alongside of your colleagues to drive store success. You are a driven and self-motivated individual who enjoys working in a vibrant and busy environment. You will apply yourself and give customers an experience like no other by offering your expertise on the luxury retail industry. You will be proactive and show initiative in a place where innovation is always welcomed. A successful Sales Advisor at Watchfinder always goes above and beyond to give customers the best service that they can offer. If you are ready to take the next steps in your retail career, then click apply!
Duties will include:
- Correspond to all customers enquiries via telephone or through our website
- Manage the start to finish sales process from appointments and viewings to purchases and after sales care
- Negotiating competitive prices of watches to secure a deal with the best possible margin (Also involvement with part exchange customers)
- Managing your ongoing pipeline of customer enquiries via a diary system to maximise to fullest conversion
- Greeting customers who are visiting the store or scheduled in for appointments.
- Keep the store clean and tidy to meet company expectations
- Sharing your experiences and knowledge with colleagues to develop as a team
About you ...
- Strong communication skills
- Results driven and thriving in a target driven sales environment (KPI’s)
- Experience with working with KPI’s
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to take in technical information
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritise own workload.
- Able to follow company policies and procedures
THE NEXT STEPS..
This list of Roles and Responsibilities is not exhaustive and is not designed to limit or inhibit the way we work or how the role develops, it is intended to be a fluid document and indicates how we currently see the role.
- The successful applicant will be required to undertake a criminal record check and provide two recent references
- Please advise us in advance if you have any special requirements if you are asked to attend an interview.
How To Apply
Please submit all applications to Sean.Moore@watchfinder.co.uk