Building Fabric biased trades person based on site within a team of operatives undertaking planned preventative maintenance (PPM) and repair of mechanical and electrical equipment, and building fabric within a retail property environment.
Dependant on capabilities and experience.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- To carry out planned and reactive maintenance as instructed by the Contract Manager. Including, but not limited to painting, joinery, minor building repairs, and other general duties in support of the rest of the team.
- To close / update completed PPM tasks on the site computerised maintenance system.
- Ensure standards of workmanship are maintained in order to maximise the operation effectiveness and reliability of the building and associated systems.
- To assist specialist subcontractor’s requirements both for PPM and reactive works.
- To ensure company QA and site procedures are adhered to in all aspects.
- Ensure Company & Site, Health & Safety procedures are followed at all times.
- Maintain accurate site records/documentation in association with all site works.
- To inspect the condition of services and proactively deal with call-outs/repairs as required, and requested by management
- Attend site emergencies, outside of normal working hours.
- Carry out tasks within typical building environments and at high level, working from platforms and ladders. All access and PPE will be provided
- Keep and maintain all company issued tools in a safe and serviceable manner.
- To proactively work towards the continued success and support of the contract with a positive approach.
- Comply with ABM Health, Safety and Environmental procedures, as detailed in the site plans.
- Complete any other associated task requested by the management.
This job description sets out the main duties of the post at the date when it was completed. Such duties may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the post or the level of responsibility entailed.
- City & guilds / NVQ - Carpentry, Joinery, construction & building.
- Experience in a similar field.
- Time served apprenticeship or equivalent.
- Health and Safety.
- Previous experience of working within a team.
- Customer Service.
- Competent working knowledge of all aspects associated with building fabric and systems, ie joinery, painting, small building works.
Personal Aptitudes & Skills
- Smart appearance, presentable
- Logical thinker in fault finding situations
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working within a team environment. Able to contribute to group success whilst willingly following instructions of others.
- Able to work unsupervised
- Self motivated
- Adaptable and flexible approach to work requirements, willing to accept change.
- Customer focused
- Willing to volunteer help
- Resides geographically near to job site and available for call out
- Compliant to company and site personnel policies
- Compliant to company’s smoking, alcohol and drugs policy
- The incumbent will be required to adopt a flexible approach to working hours to suit the needs of the retail sector. This will require work at weekends and in the evenings and the salary has been set to reflect this
How To Apply
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to Simon Woolfoot at email@example.com.