Mulberry is an international fashion brand and the largest manufacturer of luxury leather goods in the United Kingdom. Originally a family-run business, with bags and belts made around a kitchen table, today Mulberry is made up of more than 1,500 people, two factories in Somerset, a digital flagship and over 120 stores worldwide.
Despite our global presence, Mulberry’s soul will always be British, and we feel that working as one big family is still essential to our success.
Be Imaginative – Mulberry is a creative company that thrives on your ideas.
Be Bold – We need people with the courage to push us forward.
Be Open – The better we talk to each other, the more effectively we work.
Be Responsible – We look after our people, our communities and our environment.
Our people embody these values and defy expectations every day. Join us!
The Mulberry team are currently hiring for an Assistant Manager to join our Leeds team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Customer Service and Selling
- Ensure selling and customer service activities and staff competence in these areas are optimised to sustain sales performance, profitability and offering a luxury customer service experience.
- Monitor sales team KPIs
- Seek and continuously develop knowledge and information about competitor activity, pricing and tactics and communicate this to relevant departments in the company.
- Assists in the planning and facilitating of customer experience training on a regular basis in line with the brand strategy to ensure the highest standards of customer service care are offered at all times.
- Engages, develops and maintains key relationships with the core luxury customer
- Work closely with the Store Manager to assist in the plan, forecast, report on sales, costs and business performance according to company requirements
- Assist in the management of staffing costs and overheads on all factors affecting the profitable performance of the store and implement effective staffing rotas to ensure the store is adequately staffed and in line with budget costs
- Liaise with and utilise support from Merchandisers as required to maximise sales opportunities
- Maintain communication with Head Office at all times in Manager’s absence or at request.
- Maintain and report as necessary all merchandise/stock for stocktake and on-going.
- Manage cash and payment systems in accordance with company or host store procedures and policies at all times.
- Maintain the upkeep, cleanliness and condition of all equipment, fixtures in the store/concession.
- Maintain effectiveness of IT and other essential in store systems.
- Attend meetings and contribute to company strategy as required in Manager’s absence
- Liaise with internal and external authorities as necessary – Marketing, HR, Recruitment, Retail operations, Fire Services, Police, BAA (airport stores only) etc.
- Support the store’s shrink plan by following operational best practices and seasonal focuses.
- Assist in the motivation and development of staff through training and coaching.
- Assist with employee disciplinaries according to company policies (Employee Handbook) and law.
- Ensure and assist with relevant HR procedures i.e. appraisals, discipline, grievance, etc.
- Ensure Health and Safety, security and emergency systems and ensure staff capabilities are reviewed on a regular basis.
- Develop personal skills through training as provided by Mulberry or by an external provider subject to company approval.
- Demonstrates and understands the Mulberry values and behaviours
- Act as an ambassador for the Mulberry brand and exhibits a passion in all aspects of the role
- Communicate positively about the brand at all times
- Engage, develop and maintain key relationships with the core luxury consumer
The Ideal Candidate:
- Ability to prioritise
- Demonstrates initiative
- Ability to follow direction
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Second language is desirable
- 1 – 2 years’ management experience working for a luxury brand or environment
In return you will receive:
Mulberry is an equal opportunities employer and we are passionate about hiring and developing the best talent. All hiring decisions are made only on the basis of qualifications, skills or experience and as they relate to the particular role.
- Competitive basic salary
- Generous commission
- An enviable staff discount and exclusive access to staff sales
- Season ticket loan or cycle to work
- Pension Contributions & Life Assurance
How To Apply
Please apply via the careers section on www.mulberry.com or alternatively send your CV and covering email to email@example.com